Dr. Chacon is devoted to providing care specializing in Obstetric, Gynecology and Infertility services. If you would like more information on the services Dr. Chacon provides, please call our office at (775) 786-7440 or speak with your provider.
Congratulations on your journey to parenthood. The coming birth of your child can be both exciting and overwhelming. We are here to help make this experience the best possible and encourage you to ask questions along the way.
- Pregnancy Testing
- Prenatal Care
- Labor and Delivery – At both Renown or Saint Mary’s Campus
- Postpartum Care
Routine well-woman care is the cornerstond to long term health. These visits give you and your practitioner an opportunity to discuss your health proactively and plan for a health future.
When performed regularly, screenings done at your routine visit are meant to detect problems early – and early detection can be a significant factor in forming an effective, minimally invasive treatment plan. All of our practitioners perform well woman exams which generally include the following:
- Urine test to test for sugar and protein
- Blood pressure
- Comprehensive physical exam
- Breast exam/Breast Health
- Pelvic exam
- Pap smear (when indicated)
- STD Testing
- Discussion of wellness topics such as lifestyle, birth control, exercise, diet, etc.
- Discussion and establishment of plans for any problems that are reported by you or detected on exam.
In most instances we recommend that a woman be seen for a routine gyn exam annually unless otherwise indicated by the practitioner. Insurance coverage may vary for routine visits and we encourage you to become familiar with your policy.
We also encourage women to discuss routine screenings and immunizations with their primary care providers.
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Endometrial ablations
- Sterilization Procedures
- Pelvic Floor Reconstructive Surgery
- Stress Urinary Incontinence Surgery
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Our goal is to solve gynecologic problems with the least invasive approach to achieve the best possible results.
Dr. Chacon prides himself in being a leader in the area of minimally invasive gynecologic surgery, pelvic support surgery and incontinence. Although Dr. Chacon has spent his career improving his expertise in minimally-invasive surgical gynecology, he continues to attend conferences on the latest innovations in pelvic floor reconstructive surgery.
- Ectopic Pregnancy
- Endometrial Ablation
- Evaluation of Pelvic Pain
- Hysteroscopic Myomectomy (fibroids)
- Laparoscopic Myomectomy (fibroids)
- Laparoscopic Supracervical Hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic Total Hysterectomy
- Ovarian Cystectomy
- Removal of Ovaries (oophorectomy)
- Tubal Ligation
Reconstructive Pelvic Surgery
- Cystocele repair (fallen bladder)
- Rectocele repair (fallen rectum)
- Sling Procedures for Urinary Incontinence
- Uterine Prolapse Repair
- Vaginal Hysterectomy
- Vaginal Prolapse Repair
Traditional Abdominal Surgery
- Abdominal Myomectomy (fibroids)
- Endometriosis Treatment
- Total Abdominal Hysterectomy
Urodynamics testing is used to further diagnosis incontinence and bladder problems.
- Evaluation of pelvic floor relaxation *Click for patient reference
- Full Urodynamic Testing
- Issues with Incontinence
When hospitalization is necessary, our primary facility’s are Renown Medical Center and St. Mary’s Regional Medical Center in Reno.